I hope that you had a wonderful half term with your family and were able to enjoy the nice weather that we had. This half term we have a lot of exciting learning opportunities planned at school and I thought that I’d write to you and share some key dates.
- 12th November – school photos.
- 13th November – Children in Need.
- 20th November – MM class assembly.
- 27th November – UR class assembly.
- 4th December – Middle School Roman play (open to parents).
- 4th December – PTA fashion show (this will begin at 7pm).
- 9th December – KS1 Nativity play (in the afternoon).
- 10th December – KS1 Nativity play (after school).
- 15th December – Reception Nativity (morning and afternoon showing).
- 17th December – KS1 trip to see Jack and the Beanstalk.
- 18th December – pantomime production in school for all of the children.
In the coming weeks as we approach Christmas we will also be holding SEN review meetings for all children on the SEN register – these will take place between the 7th and 16th December.
I am pleased to announce that we now have a new caretaker in school. His name is Richard Howkins and he will be living on site and continuing on from the good work of Jeff Richards. During the past half term we have relied heavily on our relief caretaker, Paul Pritchard, and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank him. I would also like to thank the whole school community for your support and patience whilst we have waited for Richard to start his post.
Can I please remind all parents that The Unicorn Pub is available to park your cars in if dropping off your children. In the past two days we have had a number of cars parking illegally to drop children off. I apologise to the vast majority of you for this constant reminder but unfortunately there is a small minority of the community who continue to place our children at risk.
Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward a successful half term as we approach Christmas.